Ascentia: Horvitz YouthAbility Program4265
- Jewish Family Service Association (JFSA)
- Heidi Solomon
- Program Coordinator
YouthAbility places special needs and at-risk teens and young adults in community volunteer assignments.
• Students develop job skills
• Students explore possible future careers
• Student gain self-confidence
• Students provide a valuable service to the agency of placement
• Students may volunteer at a non-profit agency or do an internship at a business
Examples of placements:
Libraries, museums, hospitals, animal shelters, restaurants and grooming salons.
- Is a referral required?
- Is documentation required?
- Is insurance accepted?
- Is there a fee structure?
- Is financial assistance available?