Counseling & Community Services
- Bellefaire JCB
Services are provided by professionally licensed staff members, with degrees in psychology, social work, counseling and other human service fields. Programs include:
- Child and Family Counseling: Offers individual, family
and group counseling services for those experiencing a wide range
of situational difficulties. Offered in neighborhood satellite
offices, on the Shaker Heights Campus or at sites in Lorain
- Psychological Testing and Evaluation: Are provided to every client to assess which treatment options are the most appropriate.
- In-Home Services for Parents and Children Together (PACT): Using family therapy and individual counseling interventions, case management and wraparound services, this program preserves the family by teaching new behaviors in the home.
- Intensive Home Based Treatment [IHBT] Service (Lorain County): Includes a multi-systems approach in helping families creatively solve problems via interventions, cognitive behavioral therapy and wraparound services. Also includes a component for those involved in the juvenile justice system.
- Substance Abuse Team (SAT): Provides comprehensive
substance abuse treatment for adolescents and their families.
- Lorain Substance Abuse/Mental Health [LSA/MH] Program (Lorain County): Combines mental health and substance abuse counseling for adolescents with co-occurring disorders. Includes individual and family counseling, group counseling, crisis intervention and case management services, which include linkage and advocacy with school, courts, and other community resources.
- School Based Counseling: Provides counselors in suburban schools in Cuyahoga and Lorain counties, Cleveland public schools and Jewish day schools to address the therapeutic needs of students and provide prevention services.
- Social Advocates for Youth (SAY) Program: Provides prevention and early intervention services for secondary school students in eight east suburban school districts in Cuyahoga County.
- After School Program: Intensive, therapeutic group
programming for children ages 6 to 12 and group counseling and
skill building for youth ages 13 to 17.
- Homeless Youth Services: Provides assessment, linkage and referral to a safe place for homeless youth, 24 hours a day.
- Child and Family Counseling: Offers individual, family and group counseling services for those experiencing a wide range of situational difficulties. Offered in neighborhood satellite offices, on the Shaker Heights Campus or at sites in Lorain County.
- Is a referral required?
- Is documentation required?
- Is insurance accepted?
- Is there a fee structure?
- Is financial assistance available?