Jewish Genealogy Society of Cleveland (JGS)
Organized in 1981, the Jewish Genealogy Society of Cleveland is open and available to anyone who has an interest in Jewish genealogy.
- The objective of the Jewish Genealogy Society of Cleveland, Inc. is to foster Jewish family history and genealogical research.
- The Society educates the public and disseminates information on Jewish records, sources, techniques, archives and libraries, and has done so since its inception in 1982.
- The Society maintains its own research library and encourages the collection of genealogical material and family histories.
- The Society also assists out-of-town researchers to locate their Cleveland roots. Our research committee members guide researchers to institutions, web sites, and other resources to find genealogical information.
- Check our website for further information and our calendar of speakers.
All community members are invited, without charge, to attend our monthly meetings generally held on the first Wednesday evening of the month at Menorah Park.
Meetings in December-March are held at Anshe Chesed Fairmount Temple on the first Sunday afternoon of the month.
- Mission Statement:
- To further the pursuit of all aspects of Jewish genealogy by assisting others to find their ancestors and living relatives and to promote an appreciation and understanding of the Jewish culture and community of our forebears.
- Contact Info:
- Email Address:
- Other Information:
Amy Wachs, President