Greater Cleveland Chapter of Hadassah
The Greater Cleveland Chapter of Hadassah, the third chartered chapter in the nation, was organized in 1913, just one year after Hadassah was founded. In 1912 when Henrietta Szold witnessed the needs in then Palestine for nurses to help women and children get basic medical treatment, she organized her study group and raised the funds to send two nurses to Palestine in 1913. One of the two women, Rachel (Rae) Landy, was a Clevelander! Cleveland Jewish women have been in the forefront of Hadassah ever since. Currently, two incredible local women serve on the National Board of Hadassah.
Today our chapter is made up of some 2300 women. We are young, we are old. We are professional volunteers and we are business professionals. We are mothers, daughters, grandmothers, aunts, sisters and friends. We are many types of women and we are fun-loving, compassionate, caring and philanthropic. Above all, we are Hadassah!
- Mission Statement:
- HADASSAH, the Women's Zionist Organization of America, is a volunteer women's organization whose members are motivated and inspired to strengthen their partnership with Israel, ensure Jewish continuity, and realize their potential as a dynamic force in American society. In the United States, Hadassah enhances the quality of American and Jewish life through its education and Zionist youth programs, promotes health awareness, and provides personal enrichment and growth for its members.
- Contact Info:
- Email Address: